Photo Courtesy of MassLive/Meredith Perri
COORDINATOR OF ATHLETICS Sean Mackin firstname.lastname@example.org
SENIOR CLERK (CCHS) Sandy Chagnon email@example.com 413-594-3591
SENIOR CLERK (CHS) Elizabeth Lindsey firstname.lastname@example.org 413-594-3574 Chicopee High School 820 Front Street Chicopee, MA 01020 413-594-3574 / fax 413-594-3500
Chicopee Comprehensive High School 617 Montgomery Street Chicopee, MA 01020 413-594-3591
Twitter: CHS: @chicopeepacers CCHS: @compcolts1
Instagram: CHS: @chicopeehigh_athletics CCHS: @chicopeecomp_athletics
Sign Up For Text Alerts
2 months ago
You can now sign up for text & e-mail alerts to be sent right to you when there are game changes (postponements, cancellations, etc).
To Log on for text alerts:
- Go to http://www.miaa.net
- On the top right side of the page, click "Member School Lookup"
- Type in Chicopee High School or Chicopee Comprehensive High School
- Select the team for which you would like to receive notifications
- Click "Schedule Notifications Options"
- Choose "Sign Up"
- Type in your first and last name, along with your email address to receive notifications
Register Your Student Athlete
2 months ago
All student athletes participating in athletics for the Chicopee Public Schools must register online. Below are detailed instructions for registration.
Note: If you have already signed up during a previous season, simply login with your previous name and password, update the information and check the sport you wish to play.
To Register a New Player
- Go to www.familyid.com
- Click on the “sign up” link in the top right corner
- Click on register as family or individual and create account
- Go to e-mail used for account and click on “confirm my account link”
- Once brought back to familyid website, select “find programs” on the blue menu bar
- Type "Chicopee Public Schools" into the search box
- Select the appropriate school: CHS (Chicopee High School) or CCHS (Chicopee Comp)
- Click on the “register now “ link
- Click the appropriate sport, and fill in all relevant questions (any question with a red star is required to complete registration)
- When finished, click “save and Continue”
- Review the information and click “confirm registration”
The athletic office can verify all registrations when complete; feel free to call or email the athletic office for assistance: 594-3574, email@example.com
Directions to Chicopee Fields
2 months ago
1. ASH PARK - Located in the Aldenville Section - off Grattan St. past 91 on ramp (on right). Take right on Mckinstry Ave. Left at blinking yellow light
2. BOWIE - Head toward 2nd rotary in Fairview. Take right by Knights of Columbus Hall on right. On Dare Way between Selser and Bowie School.
3. DANA PARK - Located off Springfield St. past Elms College (on left). Take left on to Newbury St. to park.
4. FAIRVIEW - Located off Montcalm St. – across from Fairview Memorial School.
5. GARRITY GROVE - Off Montgomery St., past Mass Pike entrance and Medical West (both on left) heading to Chicopee Falls. Take right on to Mercedes St.
6. LINCOLN GROVE - On Broadway St. past School Department. Next to Chicopee Falls Library.
7. LITWIN - Take 291 to end. Head onto Burnett Road. Pass Chicopee St. Park (on left). Take right at sign indicating Sunshine Village, Litwin School.
8. MOOSE - Take Memorial Drive towards Chicopee. Take left onto Fuller Road. Moose Club on left down Fuller.
9. NASH PARK - Take Ferry Street (off Chicopee St.) next to Fire Station. Nash #1- Playground Area; Nash #2- road.
10. PRESTON - Head toward 2nd rotary in Fairview. Take right by Knights of Columbus Hall on the right. Take 2nd right onto Access Road.
11. RIVERS/DULCHINOS FIELD - Go to the bottom of Grattan Street. Take right onto Meadow St. Take first right to Rivers parking lot.
12. SARAH JANE - Heading North on Chicopee St. First right after Stedman St.
13. SZETELA - Off Granby Road. Take Macek Drive to Szetela School- near Knights of Columbus and Elks Lodge on Granby Road.
14. SZOT PARK - Entrance on Front St across the street from Chicopee Electric Light Dept.
15. WILLIAMS PARK- Same directions as Litwin above. On left past the Trading Post. Entrance is right at the start of Williams Distributing.
Athletics Mission Statement
Chicopee Public School Athletic Department Mission Statement
The mission of the Chicopee Public Schools Athletic Department is to create a positive athletic learning environment that promotes collaboration between teammates, coaches, and the community. Coaches bring out the best in our student-athletes and provide them the feedback necessary to improve and reach their true potential. The student-athletes strive to develop the skills necessary to be a positive team member, pursuing competitive excellence and demonstrating good sportsmanship at all times.
Our core values are leadership, discipline, teamwork, character and community partnerships.
Leadership* Discipline* Teamwork* Character* Community Partnerships
INTRAMURAL/INTERSCHOLASTIC ATHLETICS POLICY
The School Committee believes that students benefit from the experiences made possible through participation in competitive sports. Developing physical skills can help students deal with the stress and strain produced by modern life. All competitive sports programs will require Committee approval and will operate under the general supervision of the Principal. Qualified personnel will be assigned to supervise the various sports as needed. Coaches for the various sports will be appointed annually by the Principal with approval of the Superintendent. Compensation for these assignments are set forth in the current contracts. In developing and approving athletic programs for students, the School Committee will strive for equitable opportunities for boys’ and girls’ athletics. Participation in interscholastic athletics will be subject to compliance with the following requirements and with regulations and recommendations of the Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletic Association: A student must secure during the last marking period preceding the contest a passing grade in five subjects, (four subjects at Chicopee Academy), and maintain an average of 65% in all subjects taken. A one-time waiver may be utilized by appealing to the principal.
Athletics for Elementary & Middle Students